Monday, June 18, 2012

I mean, look at the other ones. They are all overweight.

The Devil in Marina Abramovic Interview by ANDREW GOLDMAN -- The NY TimesAndrew Goldman -- Before you got your MoMA show, you wrote an e-mail to Glenn Lowry, the museum’s director, saying: “It was so nice of you to come to dinner last night. You look in good shape and totally sexy.” Is there any career calculus in sending an e-mail like that? Marina Abramovic -- You’re like Rupert Murdoch! Who sent this e-mail? I don’t remember that I said this. Andrew Goldman -- It was in a biography about you by James Westcott, your former assistant. Marina Abramovic -- Good writer, worst assistant. He filed all the files upside down. Glenn Lowry is really one of the best-looking directors, because he takes care of himself. It’s true! I mean, look at the other ones. They are all overweight. I didn’t get that show because I said that Glenn Lowry is sexy. I think it was much more about the quality of the work. And Martha Rosler is a real blimp. XXL USD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.