Saturday, March 31, 2012
Rothko Untitled 1956
The Rothko Chapel
•The Rothko Chapel extends hospitality for personal ceremonial events such as weddings, baptisms, bar mitzvahs, and memorial services.
•The understated beauty of the space makes it an ideal environment for simple yet elegant ceremonies.
•The interfaith sanctuary creates a tranquil atmosphere for contemplation and remembrance.
• The Rothko Chapel logo may not be used for invitations or programs.
• Photography and videotaping is not permitted inside the Chapel building.
• Ceremonies and services are scheduled no earlier than 11:00 a.m. and no later than 4:00 p.m.
• If you wish to schedule a wedding or a religious service between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. there will be an added fee
• The total time allotted for private events is 60 minutes including seating and departure of guests.
• The Chapel Archives Office is available for use on weekends or after office hours as a dressing/waiting room for the bride and her attendants; a charge will be added to the overall fee for each hour of use.
• Decorations including candles and flower arrangements are not permitted inside the Chapel, but flowers may be worn or carried.
• A guestbook, programs, and one small photograph may be placed on the desk in the foyer.
• No caskets or funerary urns are allowed in the Chapel or on the Chapel grounds.
For rental fees, additional information or to reserve the Chapel for your private ceremony, contact Ashley Clemmer Hoffman at Ashley@rothkochapel.org or call 713.660.1404.
• Visuals such as slides, video and artwork are not permitted.