Wednesday, December 14, 2011

we 2



gather no moss

poor little
Cindy Love is
constantly angry
but she tries to
gather no moss
and she
tries to believe
that her vote counts
or else
what?
again
Christopher Hitchens argues that Teresa's own words on poverty proved that her intention was not to help people, citing a 1981 press conference in which she was asked: "Do you teach the poor to endure their lot?" She replied: "I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and

For You O Democracy

Come, I will make the continent indissoluble,
I will make the most splendid race the sun ever shone upon,
I will make divine magnetic lands,
With the love of comrades,
With the life-long love of comrades.

I will plant companionship thick as trees along all the rivers of America, and along the shores of the great lakes, and all over the prairies,
I will make inseparable cities with their arms about each other’s necks,
By the love of comrades,
By the manly love of comrades.

For you these from me, O Democracy, to serve you ma femme!
For you, for you I am trilling these songs.

WALT WHITMAN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.