Thursday, July 02, 2009


Jermaine Jackson says he would like to see Neverland Ranch as his brother Michael's final resting place. In an interview broadcast Thursday on NBC's "Today" show, Jermaine Jackson also said he wishes he had died instead of his younger brother, and that Michael was "a gift from Allah." "He went too soon. I don't know how people are going to take this, but I wish it was me," Jermaine Jackson said.Quincy Jones/Michael JacksonQ: How did you learn that Michael Jackson had died?
A: Well, everybody in the world called me. I got 500 e-mails. I've never seen anything like it in my life. At first they said they'd taken him to the hospital, then they said he'd had a stroke or a heart attack—it just kept going back and forth and we didn't know what was really happening. And at first I thought he was just kind of freaked out by the coming concerts, because I was in London when they announced the 50 concerts and they sold out in four hours. . . We'd see each other all the time, and I just can't believe he's not here.
Q: Have you been crying?
A: Oh, man, it's more than that. It's way more than that. It hurts my soul, man. It's just a lump down there.
-Jeff Gordinier, MEN.style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.